The Animal Welfare Strategy facilitates the development, implementation and delivery of cross-sectoral animal welfare RD&E nationally for livestock (farm animals) from the point of rearing at the farm (birth) to the point of processing (slaughter).
The RD&E themes identified for this Strategy are:
- Animal welfare assessment
- Pain assessment and management
- Management, housing and husbandry
- Transport, euthanasia and slaughter
- Attitudinal effects on the Welfare of Livestock throughout the value chain
- Education, training and extension